Want to know how to travel and blog for money? You can, regardless of your age and where you come from.
You also don’t have to write about travel. You can blog about anything that interests you.
Best of all, you can do it from wherever you choose, as long as your passport allows you to be there, you have a reliable laptop and a decent Internet connection.
It was exactly this freedom and flexibility I looked for when I decided to work for myself. What’s important to remember however, is that business is business even if you’re traveling around the world doing it.
You must learn how to do it properly, and it will take at least a few good months of hard work to get it all set up before you head for the airport.
In this post I’m going to tell you why learning how to travel and blog for money is ideal for you if you’ve always dreamed of ditching your torturous day job to see the world but you’ve had no idea how to fund your adventures.
I’ll tell you the exact steps you must to take to make it happen as well point you in the direction of a great resource to help you do more easily, while saving you time and money.
Get it sorted and before you know it, you’ll be jetting off to exotic locations, secure in the knowledge that you have a reliable way to make money while you travel.
the Perfect way to travel & earn?
Consider the following:
- You’ll never have to find a job in a foreign country again. This can be challenging, especially when barriers get in your way, like not speaking the local language well enough for instance.
- You won’t have to worry about securing work visas to get a job, which can be impossible for older travelers.
- You can work at a time, day or night, that best suits you. This means you don’t have to miss out on seeing the sights in your destination, just because you have to wash dishes all day to be able to eat that night.
- There’s no having to please a boss, who in some countries, unfortunately can take advantage of traveling workers since they know you need the job.
- You’ll be doing something based around your interests, rather than being forced to take any old job just to survive. Doing a job you don’t want to be doing at home is bad enough. Doing it in another country can be soul destroying.
- Casual jobs in other countries often don’t pay well, but successful bloggers can make thousands of dollars every month.
- As long as you have a laptop and Internet connection you can work from wherever you like – sipping a coffee in a local cafe, on the beach, in your pajamas, on a cruise…
- As long as you make your blog work before you go and you have a steady stream of income flowing in each month you could do this for as long as you choose. Forever, theoretically.
and the downsides are?
Nothing’s ever perfect so let’s just get it out there.
- You must learn how to do this before you start traveling. It’s going to take at least 6 – 12 months to set it up. You need to be organized. While you still have a job at home, set a departure date at least 12 months into the future, and then work like crazy to make it happen.
- You’ll need to know how to take your interests and passions and identify an audience you can help with your blog, an audience who will be prepared to spend money on that interest.
- You’ll need to know how to set your blog up properly.Not just technically but to create blog with personality and that means you need to start working on a brand form the get go.
- You’ll need to know how to create effective content on your website that others will be hungry to consume. This takes learning and practice.
- You’ll need to know how to incorporate the money making aspect into your blog seamlessly.
- You’ll need to get the right blogging tools to do the job.
- You’ll need to have technical and business support while you’re learning to do this and more importantly while you are travelling and you run into problems. We are dealing with technology here and you must be prepared for when things don’t go to plan.
All of the above is possible to take care of so don’t regard anything as an insurmountable obstacle.
Sometimes people get a bit confused about what blogging is actually all about, thinking you have to be a good writer to make a go of things. This is not true.
What is Blogging?
Blogging simply means having a website where you communicate with an audience about a subject that interests you and them.
You don’t have to be a good writer. You must know how to communicate simply and effectively, the same way you would with friends and family. Anybody can learn how to do it.
Communicating doesn’t only have to be via writing. You can create videos, use images, even upload sound recordings. There is a heap of ways to get your message across.
Most importantly, you must know how to monetize your blog since people are not going to pay you just to read your articles, no matter how fantastic they are.
There are a few ways to make money form blogging, but one of the best is to become skilled at affiliate marketing.
The following short video explains what this is all about really well.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
No matter what subject you decide to blog about, there’s bound to be other stores, brands and websites in that niche that have an affiliate marketing program you can join for free.
Then you can promote their products and services on your blog and earn a commission when someone clicks on your links and makes a purchase.
When you’ve set your blog up the right way, you have an audience who are keen to hear what you have to say and you promote related products and services which they buy, you are blogging and earning, no matter where in the world you are.
The exact steps to make it happen
Okay so let’s just get clear here. You’re not going to learn to make this happen from reading one blog post, but it’s possible for you to know what the steps are to get you there.
Here are 14 major steps you must take to create a money making blog:
- Decide what you want to blog about
- Identify a money spending audience in that niche
- Decide which blogging platform to use
- Choose a name for your blog
- Buy your blogging domain
- Find a website builder tool
- Subscribe to monthly website hosting
- Decide on a design for your blog that fits your brand
- Sign up to the best affiliate programs for your niche.
- Build your blog
- Create effective content that uses keywords the right way.
- Optimize your blog so your content can be found by people using search engines.
- Promote your blog on social medi
- Interact and build trust with your audience
Obviously I can’t cover the above steps in detail. You’ll find more information on this site about these steps and you’ll find plenty more on the Internet.
One word of warning though, not everything published on the Internet is accurate, reliable or even current, so make sure you do enough research before you waste your time on learning and implementing out-of-date or wrong ideas.
how to travel and blog for money
If this is starting to sound rather overwhelming and you’re exhausted reading about it, never mind doing it, I get it where you’re at completely.
I’m not going to to kid you, getting a blog up and running takes work and time. Some may call me lazy, I prefer to think of myself as smart, but I’m all about making what I do as easy as possible not the other way around.
I’ve blogged before so I know only too well what’s required and how much it can cost too.
When I decided to return to blogging I knew I wanted to find a better way and I believe I did. If you’re with me on this then listen up.
There’s no doubt about it, the easier way is to find a course that can teach you how to do all this. My experience with courses however is that you don’t always get adequate support when you run into problems, and even if you do, this is often limited to while you’re doing it, but what about once you’ve finished?
What if there was one place where you could get the course, tools, and all the ongoing support you need for the long term? This is a long term venture, remembe
I found such an online business platform when I was looking and I’ve been with them ever since. I prefer to think of it as a community as that that’s really what it is, one place where people just like you are all in various stages of progress.
This resource has been around since 2005 and since then they’ve had over 1.2 million members sign up and trained thousands of bloggers.
It’s a global operation so you have access 24/7 for 365 days a year, no matter where in the world you are. Perfect for traveling and blogging.
This is my #1 recommendation to anybody who wants to know how to blog for a living. If you’re interested to know more click on the button to read my full review HERE.
Are you ready to move to the next step to learn how to travel and blog for money? Where in the world would you head to first? What is the one thing you need to do next to move you closer to your dream?
Got Questions? Something to say? Leave a comment. Let’s chat
My #1 recommendation
If you want to to know to how to travel & blog for money
Hey... I'm Mark! If you want to know how to blog for a living, you're in the right place. One of the ways I make money blogging, is as an affiliate. Meaning, if you buy something via a link on this site I could earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. It's how you can make money too. Ready? Let's do this!
FREE CHECKLIST download
Find out whether you've got what it takes to be a money earning blogger.