Your privacy is very important. We take all measures required to provide you with a safe and secure environment.
Here are a few fundamental principles that this site observes:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
- We have made every effort to comply with GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area and which also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA.
Who We Are
Our website address is https://bloggingmap.com It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
When visitors leave comments on this site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
You are entitled to use aliases or information that completely hides your identity. We do not verify information entered nor do we require verification.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visihttps://bloggingmap.com/ble to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
This site may use a contact form: https://bloggingmap.com/contact to request information including the following personal data: name and email. Submissions are kept indefinitely for customer service purposes. Unless consent is expressly given at the bottom of each form, we do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes.
This site uses opt-in forms to collect your name and email for marketing purposes so we can provide free content to you and notify you about related content and special offers. Submissions are kept indefinitely. If you submit an opt-in form on our site you will be opting in for us to save your name, email address and other relevant information. You can opt out or unsubscribe at any time in the future by clicking the unsubscribe link in the bottom of any email
Cookies are used to provide our system with the basic information to provide the services you are requesting. Cookies can be cleared at any time from your internet browser settings.
We may set and access cookies on your computer for any of the following reasons:
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you publish or edit an article on this site, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just publsihed or edited.
- We use anonymous cookies to prevent users from seeing the same popup repetitively in an attempt to make our users experience more pleasant while still delivering time sensitive messaging.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When someone visits this site we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to track things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site and interactions with the site. Information is collected via the All In One Seo plugin.
Whwn you opt in to any of our emailing lists, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations, businesses or individuals.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp to deliver our emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email campaigns. Mailchimp’s provacy policy can be viweed here, https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
How Long we Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Subscriber information is retained in the local database indefinitely for analytic tracking purposes and for future export. Data will be exported or removed upon users request. Data is retained in MailChimp until unsubscribed or deleted and will be removed upon users request.
Access to Your Personal Information
If you have an account on this site, filled out a contact or opt-in form, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This policy was last updated on 26 May 2018.