It’s quite surprising.
Even though the company has been around for 14 plus years there’s a lot of misleading information online about Wealthy Affiliate.
Despite hundreds of positive reviews, some people still believe Wealthy Affiliate is a scam, an MLM and a whole host of other nonsense that simply isn’t true.
Here are 10 Wealthy Affiliate frequently asked questions to help you decide whether it’s a worthwhile product for you to explore further.
#1 What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is an online business platform. You pay a monthly subscription fee to get access to the following:
Training – Initial and ongoing training which shows you how to create your own online business using the affiliate marketing model.
Tools – Access to the tools you’ll need to set up and run your business. Including, free websites, a website builder, website hosting, keyword research tool, content writing tool etc.
Support – Technical support for all your websites so you can be sure your business is always up and running.
Secondly you get access to a community of thousands of other successful members with whom you can network and also ask questions about anything to do with online business.
#2 Who is Wealthy Affiliate for?
Wealthy Affiliate is for anybody who wants to learn how to create, develop and operate a sustainable online affiliate marketing business.
It’s for anybody who wants the best value money can buy when it comes to business operation tools.
It’s for anybody who wants to have a constant source of support, technical or otherwise from fellow members.
It’s for all levels of marketers whether you’re at a beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
#3 What is Affiliate Marketing and how Does it Work?
Affiliate marketing means promoting other people’s products and services. You get paid a commission when someone makes a purchase through your marketing efforts.
#4 What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing
- You don’t have to spend time and money creating your own products.
- It’s one of the fastest ways to start earning money online especially if you’re a beginner.
- There are thousands of affiliate products available to promote in just about any niche.
- The product owner takes care of the delivery and support of the product. That means there’s nothing more for you to do once the purchase has been made.
- It’s a great way to learn marketing skills without having to have your own product.
- You only earn a very small piece (commission) of the product sale. When you promote your own product you get to keep the full asking price.
- Unless you also manage to get the purchaser to opt into your email, there’s no guarantee they will ever become your customer.
- Not all affiliate products are worth promoting. You must learn how to choose those that pay bigger commissions and more importantly, those that pay recurring commissions. i.e. subscription-based products.
- It takes time to learn the skills required to become a successful affiliate marketer.
#5 How do you Make Money at Wealthy Affiliate?
#1 Wealthy Affiliate teaches you how to set up your own online affiliate marketing business.
Your business can be around any interest you have. e.g. fitness, weight loss, food, travel etc.
WA shows you how to choose the best products and target the right audience so that they buy what you promote. When they do, the company whose products you’re promoting, pay you a commission.
#2 You can also promote Wealthy Affiliate as an affiliate product to others who want to learn how to create an online business. When they join through your marketing efforts, Wealthy Affiliate pays you a commission.
You can choose either one of the above or both. It’s up to you depending on your goals how much time you have.
#6 Is WA Legit?
The short answer is YES.
Any business that is not legitimate does not survive over time. Wealthy Affiliate was started in September 2005.
They have continued to grow and get bigger and better over the years. They are without a doubt a major player in the affiliate marketing field and totally legitimate.
# 7 How Much Does it Cost to Join ?
$0 Starter Membership:
This is the free Starter account which does not give you full access to all the features but it does give more than enough to make a start and check everything out. There is no obligation to ever upgrade if you don’t want to.
The longer the membership term you purchase, the greater the discount.
- $49 per month – Paid monthly
- $234 paid 6 monthly (which works out to $39 per month or 20% off the full price)
- $359 paid annually (which works out to be $29.92 per month or 39% off the full price)
You’ll also have the opportunity to take advantage of upgrades at special sales like the Black Friday sale where you can pay even less for an annual membership.
# 8 What is the Difference Between the Starter and Premium Memberships?
# 9 Is Wealthy Affiliate an MLM?
Not in any way at all.
If you decide to promote Wealthy Affiliate to others you are not recruiting people but introducing Wealthy Affiliate to them as an affiliate for which you will be paid a commission.
# 10 What’s the Secret to Being Successful With Wealthy Affiliate ?
- Do the work required. Paying to be a member does not mean you’ll be successful. You have to work incredibly hard at any business if you want to succeed.
- Do not get distracted by the social nature of the platform. You are there to learn how to start and develop a business. Complete and implement the training as a priority.
- Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to learn and do what’s required, at least 6 months to a year.
- You need a strong positive mindset to be in business. Work on yours all the time.
- Never give up!
Wealthy Affiliate Frequently Asked Questions – Wrap Up
Are there more Wealthy Affiliate frequently asked questions than the ones I’ve handled in this post?
Of course. I’ve covered the ones I believe are the most important.
There are people who are successful at Wealthy Affiliate and there are those who aren’t, as with any program.
The question is whether YOU can be successful and whether you’re ready to give it your best shot and prove to yourself that you can do it?
If you are, then sign up for a risk free starter account and check it out for yourself.
Hey... I'm Mark! If you want to know how to blog for a living, you're in the right place. One of the ways I make money blogging, is as an affiliate. Meaning, if you buy something via a link on this site I could earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. It's how you can make money too. Ready? Let's do this!
FREE CHECKLIST download
Find out whether you've got what it takes to be a money earning blogger.